Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Xbox 360 back from the dead


I want to tell you the succesfull story of my Xbox 360 recovery because people usually post about things that went wrong and affected them in a negative way.

In my case, I had a Xbox 360 bought in early 2005 which struggled quite heroicaly to stay alive up until this Christmas (well, comparing to the news all around the net from other disgruntled users). Yes, it survived the hot temperatures of summer, the constant Dashboard updates, a few late night matches of Gears of War but sadly it couldn’t resist a power cut while loading Uno. :P

My attempts to revive my precious machine were in vain and all I could see was the dreaded Ring of Death with his three red lights flashing at me, I could have tried this creative solution I found out on Youtube but I found it too late and it seems a bit desperate to me anyway.

So I called tech support which had this annoying elevator style music but after explaining my problem they arranged for a UPS to come to my house in one day to pick up my Xbox for repairs.

Anyway, two and a half weeks later I have my Xbox 360 back with me, it’s working, all my hard-drive content is intact and I can continue to play Uno,erm, Gears of War against my mates again so my weeks of gaming probation are finally over (yay!).
Ok, so this is my lucky story, in the end I was very happy that things went well and Microsoft quickly solved my problem.

No comments: